Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011

Pop Punk's Not Dead!

The "Pop Punk's Not Dead" tour was an event I even had been looking forward to while I still was in Germany. I mean, five of my favorite bands (New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, The Wonder Years, Man Overboard, and This Time Next Year) in one evening? Hello?! Pure awesomeness! When I found out that I had my day off on that particular day, I cheered out loud and when Lena told me that she was able to change shifts and could come along, I cheered even louder. When the day came (Oct. 15th), everybody assembled (Lena, Jana, Stefan and me) and we went to Cicis Pizza in order to satisfy our growling stomaches, which we successfully did. After that, we took the bus to Downtown Disney and walked to our final destination, House of Blues. I had a feeling which turned out to be true and we met some of the bandmembers on the promenade before the concert and after some chit-chat (Chad Gilbert, guitarist of New Found Glory wants to trade jobs with me, haha) and taking photos, we arrived at the concert hall. Sweet sidenote: an (unfortunately) unkown singer/songwriter played his songs in front of HOB for free, and he did an AWESOME job! I won't write much about the concert itself, let me just tell you that my expectations were exceeded by far. Every band played an outstanding set and I am more than happy to have been a part of this memorable evening! But have a look at the photos and judge for yourself..

People suck. Pizza doesn't.




Chad Gilbert (guitarist of New Found Glory) with everyone of us.

Zac (singer/guitarist of Man Overboard) and me.

The unknown singer/songwriter.

House Of Blues (upside down).

Man Overboard 1.

Man Overboard 2.

The Wonder Years 1.

The Wonder Years 2.

Set Your Goals 1.

Set Your Goals 2.

New Found Glory 1.

New Found Glory 2.

New Found Glory 3.



The grand finale.

Aftershow.

Crew.

Booty.  

"I'm not a self-help book, I'm just a fucked up kid." - The Wonder Years

   

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen